Thursday, August 27, 2009

First of all, my apologies to everyone who I didn’t get a chance to see/call before I left. I was so busy fittng my life into a backpack, getting vaccinated, and renewing my passport. Per usual, I left EVERYTHING to the last minute and ended up taking my last Typhoid pill on my way to the airport.


So for those of you who are still in the dark (and there are a few of you), I am taking a 4-month long trip through Greece, India, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. I’m traveling with two friends from Columbia, a 4500cu backpack (whatever that means), and a very low budget. If all goes as planned I’ll be back in the states around Christmas time, but Mrs. Carluccio is insisting that I return for her birthday on November 14th. In any case, I expect to come back with an empty wallet and a ton of stories, pictures, and videos.


Trying to fit my life into a backpack was a struggle. The bag itself is probably close to 3 and ½ feet tall and weighs 45 pounds (I blame the 120 dairy-free granola bars my mom forced me to pack. I‘m not kidding.) But in addition to my food supply, I am carrying a full pharmacy, a bunch of “disposable” Forever21 clothing, and the ugliest walking shoes you’ve ever seen. I think I'm all set.


Feel free to email or skype me (my ID is jessicaleighfig)!!



-Jess

5 comments:

  1. JESSICA IT'S YOUR SISTER. DONDE ESTAS?? i do miss u & i'm sad we are not facebook friends ... maybe you can accept me now? ... think about it. have fun with your lovely wardrobe & lesbian shoes. i bet you look great. is your hair curly everyday? if so, i do feel a little bad.
    MISS YOU!!!


    xoxo,
    gossip girl

    p.s i stole everything you left behind & there are holes in everything :D !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY JES!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU MISS YOU KISSES HUGS SQUISHY LOVE
    No she di-int!!!!!!!!!! Oh, yes. I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess. Greece is not in Asia. Just letting you know.
    xoxo
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Aly. You should have just called this Backpacking through Earth -- though I believe you are really at Epcot, working as a flamenco dancer in the "Spain" section for the semester.

    xoxo kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. i third that. why is it called backpacking through asia when you're supposed roughing it aka HIKING in GREECE. it's foreign... but not asia.

    the idea of disposable dresses is simply delightful. i'm sure a maxi pairs well with a hiking boot.

    ReplyDelete